* IPA TV? Click Here
September Pledge Drive. An Update:
Heartfelt thanks to all who contributed to the Knight Point State Park IPA initiative. To date, we have reached $97,292 of the $120,000 needed to complete all four courts at Knight Point. We can move forward on groundbreaking in the Spring but are still a bit shy of completing the courts in a single, money-saving construction season.
We will be sharing the O’Neill’s video with the Islands business community over the next two months to encourage their financial support.
Need the link to make a donation? Donate Now!!!
Latest IPA News!!!
- Isle LaMotte Court Fencing: New fencing has been installed around the courts in Isle LaMotte; this is a great addition and will help in preserving the investments made by both the Town of Isle LaMotte and the IPA; see the IPA Photo Gallery for more pictures.
- North Here Courts: The North Hero school courts are ready with new surface and new lines; check the Playtime Scheduler for new schedule and the IPA Photo Gallery page for more pictures.
- 2023 IPA Pickleball Tournament: Check out the tournament results on the Tournaments page and many more photos in the IPA Photo Gallery page.
- Alpine Shop, Vermont’s largest pickleball shop, is proud to become the locally owned retail sponsor of the IPA. IPA members will receive 10% OFF Pickleball paddles, balls, shoes & all casual clothing; see Good Deals on New Equipment for more details.
- Need a New Paddle? Select Good Deals on New Equipment and get a great offer for both you and the IPA from the worlds largest online pickleball superstore.
- Donaldson Shed delivered on Saturday (8/19) and leveled by Court, Moose and Tim on Sunday (8/20); Great Job & Thank You!
- New Pickleball Machine: There is a now a pickleball machine available for IPA members use at Donaldson. Please read the Safety Precautions and Instructions for use and see Court Perry for access into the shed.
- VT State Pickleball Championship Tournament: The IPA would like to thank the VRPA, the tournament directors, and all of the players and volunteers for making this inaugural tournament a great success. Check out the pictures of your IPA friends involved in this tournament in the IPA Photo Gallery.
Introduction to Islands Pickleball Association
The Islands Pickleball Association, Inc. (IPA) has the stated mission “to promote the game of Pickleball, and to provide for organization of Pickleball programs and activities in Vermont’s Grand Isle County”. Pickleball is similar to tennis, and is played on a smaller court with a net, paddle and ball. It has increased in popularity over the past ten years, particularly among the senior population. Pickleball promotes increased activity, physical and mental wellness and social networking for all, which is particularly helpful in the senior citizens in the islands.
The IPA offers introductory pickleball sessions each summer. With more courts and more volunteer instructors, interest in Champlain Islands Pickleball continues to expand each summer, and IPA membership continues to grow. In the broader view, pickleball continues to be the fastest growing sport in the nation, and accordingly, will impact the growth of pickleball in the Champlain Islands.